We are searching for an outstanding creative with a passion for packaging design. You must be capable of working collaboratively and have a proven track record in delivering first-rate brand identity and packaging work. We want someone who can think conceptually and strategically, with a view to creating work that is commercially successful and visually beautiful.
D8, founded in 1999 and still privately owned, is a 60-strong multidisciplinary creative team with studios in Glasgow and Amsterdam. With a comprehensive in-house offering covering brand identity, digital, packaging, film & motion and experiential we work with a diverse range of clients including Remy Cointreau, Beam Suntory, Tennent Caledonian Breweries, Ian MacLeod Distillers, Walker’s Shortbread, Gordon & MacPhail, Inverhouse Distillers and C&C Group.
As a packaging designer at D8 you will ideate and craft outstanding creative ideas for an enviable list of high profile clients. Based in our Glasgow studio, but with hybrid working arrangements available, you will work closely with our Creative Director, and will have the opportunity to quickly make your mark by helping us deliver creative excellence across a wide range of CPG and drinks projects. As part of the wider connected D8 network you will also collaborate with our Amsterdam studio, and participate in our shared creative initiatives.
• 4+ years of relevant branding / creative agency experience – packaging experience essential
• Excellent design, verbal, organisational and time management skills
• A portfolio that demonstrates strong conceptual skills and a sharp eye for aesthetics, craft, and typography
• Experienced in all relevant design programs
• A demonstrable understanding of working with brand strategy
• Experience in creating polished visual mockups
• An understanding of how to use a physical object as part of your concept
• The ability to communicate your ideas internally and in presentation form
• High personal work standards and the ability to self-critique
• The ability to use storytelling to create meaningful brand experiences
• An understanding of how brands extend beyond the pack
• You have the confidence to prod, challenge and find a better way
• Commercial awareness and an understanding of production processes and print
• Interested in emerging innovations and processes
• An awareness of current and emerging category trends
• You are considerate of sustainable practices and materials in your process
What we offer
We offer private health, various bonuses, and a great place to work.
Please send CV’s to email@example.com